Juan Llanos, member of the Regulatory Affairs Committee of the Bitcoin Foundation, and I agree that yesterday was a turning point for Bitcoin and digital currencies in general.
In a hearing at the US Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs with Senator Thomas Carper a panel of high ranking government officials expressed the same concept: “digital currencies are legal and we must support innovation”.
However this idea was communicated with a reasonable condition: “but all new services and new digital currency providers must comply with the law, get registered and get proper authorizations, licenses, and establish the required internal compliance processes.”
Juan was present at the hearings in Washington and in this interview he talks about the key concepts and the highlights of the testimonies and Q&As.
We spoke about:
– What is the importance of this particular Senate Committee?
– The positive attitude of Senator Thomas Carper.
– Who were the government officials testifying?
– What were the key concepts expressed?
– Is Bitcoin declared legal?
– What is the tone now going forward?
Please watch the video below: